News and Information about the University of Maryland Police Department
The purpose of this advisory is to provide an update in the investigation of the missing UMD student that was reported to the University of Maryland Police Department.
On November 10, 2016, at approximately 6:36 p.m., we received a report of a missing UMD student, 21 year old Kaitlyn George. Kaitlyn was scheduled to meet a friend at the Eppley Recreation Center at approximately 5 p.m. to go on a hiking trip. When Kaitlyn did not show up, her friend came to the police station to report her missing.
Here is what our investigation has revealed thus far:
- On November 10, 2016, security footage showed Kaitlyn leaving Allegany Hall at approximately 4:42 p.m., with a camping style backpack and a pink bag.
- On November 10, 2016, at approximately 4:34 p.m., a white taxi cab entered campus via South Gate.
- On November 10, 2016, at approximately 4:44 p.m., Kaitlyn got into a white taxi cab in front of Annapolis Hall by herself and on her own accord.
- Investigators located and interviewed the taxi cab driver. Kaitlyn was dropped off in front of a Marina in the Federal Hill neighborhood of Baltimore City.
- UMPD investigators met with the Baltimore City Police Department investigators to review security footage from the Marina. Security footage indicated that just after being dropped off by the taxi cab, she appeared to get into another waiting vehicle (SUV) on her own accord and by herself.
- A witness reported seeing Kaitlyn on a Charm City Circulator bus on November 11, 2016, at approximately 8:40 a.m. Investigators interviewed this witness and verified this sighting.
- Investigators continue to follow up on investigative leads and tips.
We have no reason to suspect foul play in this case. Our team of investigators will continue to work on this case until we have located Kaitlyn and have verified that she is okay. Anyone with information on Kaitlyn's whereabouts is asked to call the University of Maryland Police Department at 301-405-3555.